What Can Cause Achilles Tendon Injuries?
- Not stretching enough before exercise
- Wearing high heels, which increases the stress on the tendon
- Problems with the feet. An Achilles tendon injury can result from flat feet, also known as fallen arches or overpronation. In this condition, the impact of a step causes the arch of your foot to collapse, stretching the muscles and tendons.
- Muscles or tendons in the leg that are too tight
What Does an Achilles Tendon Injury Feel Like?
- Pain along the back of your foot and above your heel
- Hearing a snapping or popping noise during the injury
- Difficulty flexing your foot or pointing your toes